Caring for Cabinet Furniture
Tips that will prolong the good looks of your cabinet furniture:
- Do not situate furniture near heat sources or air-conditioning. Avoid changes in humidity - particularly steam.
- Always leave an air gap behind wardrobes and wall units.
- Protect furniture from strong or prolonged sunlight. Protect against substances which can easily cause scratching/grooving.
- Protect furniture surfaces from sharp items e.g when using a ball-point pen.
- Carefully lift your furniture, never drag or push.
- Do not rock backwards on dining chairs.
- Always follow the instructions regarding wall fixing and glass surfaces/shelves.
Regular and easy-care maintenance:
- Gently dust your furniture and polish with a soft lint-free buffing cloth.
- The colour of real wood matures in light, so it is important to regularly rotate ornaments and expose table leaves to avoid noticeable colour differences occuring.
- Never use silicon or wax polishes that leave residue on surfaces. Only use good quality wax-free proprietary furniture polish.
- Disconnect any light fittings from the mains before bulbs are changed.
- Simply blot up any spills immediately. Do not try to wash or rub spills and do not use detergents.
- Remove any finger marks with a clean, slightly damp cloth.
- Protect wood surfaces with felt under cloths and place-mats.
- Always follow the manufacturers cleaning instructions.
- Assume that all wooden furniture will not resist water, chemicals or heat.
- Natural wax finishes are porous and stain easily.
- Most lacquer or synthetic finishes to real wood give a semi-permanent barrier.
- Man-made foil and melamine may be dusted or wiped with a damp cloth.
- It is important you seek professional advice.
Remember the simple golden rule - if in doubt - please
let us help you.
That is what we are here for.